May 17, 2022
MANILA — The interview and vetting process is still ongoing for other positions in the Cabinet of presumptive president Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., his spokesman said Monday.
Atty. Vic Rodriguez, Marcos Jr.’s spokesperson, said their camp is “moving in the right direction” in completing the next administration’s Cabinet.
“I know people are excited kung sino pa ‘yung mga pangalang ilalabas pero tuloy-tuloy lang ‘yung interview process at vetting, searching para naman makabuo ng isang Gabinete na talaga namang magiging responsive sa mga problemang haharapin,” Rodriguez said in an interview with Teleradyo.
(I know people are excited about the other names we will release but the interview, vetting, and search process are still ongoing to have a Cabinet that will really respond to the problems we will face.)
“The election was just concluded exactly a week ago. I think we’re moving in the right direction, with the appropriate speed,” he added.
So far, only two Cabinet members have been named—presumptive Vice President Sara Duterte-Carpio as education secretary and former Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Benhur Abalos as interior secretary.
Duterte-Carpio was Marcos Jr.’s running mate in the 2022 national polls while Abalos served as the presumptive president’s campaign manager.
Rodriguez added that some individuals are volunteering to be part of the Cabinet.
In an earlier interview, Rodriguez talked about the requirements to be a part of the Marcos Cabinet. He said that apart from being competent and qualified, the person should love the country and respect the Constitution.